Washington, DC | Contract to Hire
Softworld Inc.’ s client is seeking an experienced VTC Engineer for a contract to hire role in Washington, DC.
- 4 to 6+ years of Systems Engineering experience supporting Video Teleconferencing
- Experience managing video conferencing solutions: Skype for Business, Polycom
- Knowledge and understanding of collaboration tools: Skype, Polycom, Cisco,
- Understanding of protocols and codecs: SIP, WebRTC, H.264, RTMP, MPEG-DASH, HLS, PBX, VoIP; H323
- Experience working with Polycom, Tandberg, and Cisco video conferencing device
- Strong ability to troubleshoot audio and video issues for video conferencing technologies
- Knowledge with networking principles and technologies including routing, load balancing, firewalls, and DNS
- Ideal candidate would have education and/or equivalent experience in a prior Systems Engineer position
- Ability to use knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to support the design and deployment of global technology solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate in an on-call support rotation for 24x7 support
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a customer service capacity to resolve issues.
- Configure and Manage Polycom Resource Manager
- Configure and Manage VCS
- Experience with troubleshooting VTC codecs, AV switches, video and audio bridges and inverse multiplexers.
- Polycom Certified Videoconferencing Engineer a plus
- CTS Certification AV Qualification from ICIA a plus