This position will be an active contributor in projects including the rollout of 30 new Hosts, research and design of Storage DSR, evaluation of patching schedule and use of Update Manager, parsing of vROPs performance reporting and recommending design\resolution paths, and expanding the use of vRO and vRA.
Creating and Leveraging Host profiles for provisioning and compliance.
- Investigation of Log Insight and integration with Splunk.
- Capacity planning with attention to under and over provisioned VMs.
- Provide Break Fix Escalation to conjunction with other Senior Engineers.
- Expert knowledge of HA, DRS, and Storage DRS.
- Strong Experience with PowerCLI and Scripting.
- Strong Experience with Host Provisioning and Patching with Update Manager.
- Experience with ESXi Hardening (STIG Compliance).
- Experience with Managing Multiple vCenters (VCSA experience required).
- Familiarity with SRM, Log Insight (or Splunk), and vROPs.
- VCP6-DCV Required (VCAP6.5-DCV Preferred)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Nutanix Hyper-Converged Systems.
- Experience with Cisco UCS Chassis.
- Engineered Cloud Integration / Migration.
At least 7 years experience with VMware.