Technology Task Lead
Andrews AFB , MD
We are currently seeking a highly qualified professional to lead/manage/coordinate portfolio management and system integration efforts. This individual will coordinate tasks and assist in identifying gaps in infrastructure, collaborating with key subject matter experts to develop business cases, and advocating for IT infrastructure changes to meet requirements (system IT, infrastructure, & business process analysis).
Candidate will collaborate with key functional stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify future infrastructure needs and document business cases and requirements documents. Candidate will collaborate with infrastructure organizations and technical stakeholders to ensure functional requirements are met. Candidate will also analyze system information across large portfolios of systems to support gap analysis; assess impacts of these gaps upon the functional community and recommend prioritization and approaches to address gaps. Candidate will support analysis of alternatives, business case analysis, material solution implementation plans, technology plans (such as cloud migration, application rationalization, Internet of Things) and guide the functional communities toward a future state capability.
This position will directly support the Headquarters AF/A4PA (Portfolio Advocacy Management Division, DCS/Logistics, Engineering, & Force Protection) at Andrews AFB, MD and National Capital Region (NCR).
The selected individual will assist in supporting investment planning and prioritization activities, analyzing and recommending courses of action to reduce IT costs, reduce organizational risk, comply with DoD mandates, meet strategic objectives and functional requirements. The selected individual will be required to lead/support summits, Rapid Improvement Events, IPTs, and other meetings with subject matter experts.
This position requires that the candidates have a flexible work style, with the ability to adjust priorities, respond to short-turn requests, and yet maintain focus on project success. Preferred individual will be self-motivated, with a high energy level, and a proactive work ethic.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Requires strong organizational skills and action-oriented personality; experience leading tasks, tracking actions across multiple organizations. Prior Major Command and/or Headquarters Action Officer experience or support of Headquarters staffing processes a considerable plus
- Requires experience using continuous process improvement methodologies, tools, techniques (Green Belt, Black Belt); and using AFSO-21 tools / techniques. PMP Certification a huge plus.
- Requires experience with IT systems and infrastructure management; facilitation, documenting requirements, drafting policy recommendations, and writing official minutes.
- Requires familiarity with IT fundamentals (software development life cycle, technical design, and requirements documentation); prior experience in system or technology analysis (e.g., cloud, application rationalization, Internet of Things), compliance, or portfolio management a plus.
- Requires power user skills in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Candidates with recent and relevant U.S. Air Force Logistics experience are ideal.
- BS / BA degree required
- DoD SECRET clearance required.
- Estimated travel is ~5%.