Technical Account Manager/Project Coordinator
Westbury, NY | Contract
Our technology solutions client local to Long Island is looking to add an Account Executive/Project Coordinator to their team. The ideal resource will have excellent customer service and organization skills. They will be responsible for managing hardware vendors and as well end client representatives. The ideal resource will also have some level of Information Technology knowledge, yet you do not need to be very technical (hands-on) yourself – delivery staff is in place for this. Topics may include work on projects to install, upgrade, implement new hardware (switches, wireless access points, printers, laptops, tablets, SAN, etc.). End client is various education facilities.
Under general supervision, the duties of the Account Executive/Project Coordinator require the exercise of judgment in cultivating new information technology business accounts, and managing and developing all customer technical needs and requirements.
- Cultivates new information technology business accounts, including developing sales strategies to obtain new business.
- Manages all customer technical needs including owning the "initiate" phase and driving business requirements with the customer for new projects.
- Develops all customer information technology requirements, including service level objectives and service level agreements.
- Mitigates risks, delays, and helps solve issues by working with customers in capital and construction with a focus on complex infrastructure and delivering affordable and sustainable information technology solutions.
- Coordinates with customers and the District Information Technology Staff in planning activities, projects, infrastructure changes, upcoming procurements and ensuring that all needs are met.
- Provides guidance on relevant E-Rate and other pertinent aid with emphasis on technology reimbursement.
- Maintains existing vendor relationships and develops new ones.
- Provides input on relevant bids, and RFP's related to information technology purchasing.
- Communicates all updates, policies, guidelines, methodologies and rates to customers, including chargeback policy, architecture policy changes, organizational updates, capacity planning, cloud- based deployments, virtualization and collocation of key resources.
- Assists the Directors of Technology and Assistant Superintendents for Business in developing tactical and strategic service delivery and staffing strategies.
- Must have basic technical skills as far as MS Office technologies, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. Do not have to be an expert but must have at least the basics down.
- Prior experience working within education would be ideal but not a must.
- Experience putting together reports and presentations.