Works closely with Security and Information Serves staff to develop and write policy and procedure documents related to information systems and compliance standards. Develops information system security plans and supporting artifacts. Starts from initial planning through writing and editing, reviewing and revising, indexing, illustrating. Gather, organize materials and complete the writing assignment per standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, format and terminology. Works independently with little detailed supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to efficiently plan and accomplish goals.
1) Clear, accurate writing with obsession for details.
2) Review, update and edit existing documents for structural consistency, technical accuracy, clarity, readability and grammar to ensure that documentation meets Laboratory standards.
3) Strong knowledge of applying security controls based on a regulatory framework - strong preference for FISMA/RMF/NIST SP 800-53 experience. NIST 800-171, PCI, SOX, HIPAA experience will be considered.
4) Ability to aggregate information from any source - government regulations, existing policy/procedure, even people's heads.
5) Participates in and often leads team meetings and contributes to the establishment of new or improved documentation processes. May act as lead writer on a project which will include participating in project planning, conducting project meetings, reviewing written content, and coordinating technical review cycles.
6) Tracks progress of document and associated project details.
7) Possess good problem solving skills and the ability to apply information to make decisions.
8) Ability to work in collaboration with project teams, as well as independently on tasks.
9) Identifies, develops, produces, and promotes best practices.
10) Ability to act as a change agent and positively influences others; demonstrates proactive work habits and assertiveness in creating and owning documents and work processes.
11) Have or be willing to obtain a Department of Defense Secret personnel security clearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Cybersecurity, Technical Writing, English, or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience as a Technical Writer. Experience with Microsoft Office suite other related programs.