Systems Analyst - WMS
Softworld’ s retail client is hiring a Systems Analyst with WMS Systems experience. You will be responsible for configuring, supporting, and maintaining the logistics systems located at the distribution centers, mixing centers, and import centers within the organization from both a project and operational perspective. This requires a good understanding of one or more of TMS Systems, WMS Systems, MHE Systems, RF Technology, Voice Technology and end processes of applications that interface with logistics systems.
- Performs and/or coordinates configuration changes for applications in the area of responsibility.
- Defines, analyzes, and evaluates existing business functions and processes and makes recommendations to management on opportunities for process improvements.
- Participates in the execution of test cases as part of the Quality Assurance process.
- Translates conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- This includes creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the team.
- Reviews system design plans for reasonableness and fit with the business requirements.
- Provides orientation to end users for modifications to existing processes and new functionality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education and work experience.
- Transportation Management Systems, WMS Systems, MHE Systems, RF Technology, Voice Technology in a retail environment.
- Experience implementing and supporting Manhattan WMS, Labor Management, and Material Handling Systems (Preferred)
- Experience supporting RF and Voice devices (Preferred)
- Good knowledge in supply chain from a distribution center process flow (Preferred)
- Basic understanding in writing and executing SQL queries (Preferred)
- Basic understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Manhattan WMS functionality
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Preferred)
- Good ability to work independently, work in a fast paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction (Required)
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team (Required)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (Required)
- Good critical thinking skills (Required)