China Lake, CA
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Review system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Perform in a team environment with other Systems Administrators to provide overall operations and maintenance for the JSF production environment
- Partner with Systems Engineering and Integration groups in the install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirement.
- Serve as primary escalation point for incident tickets from Level 1 Service Desk
- Action and resolve escalated tickets in accordance to Service Level Agreements
- Use Remedy Action Request System to log, track and manage incident and request queue
- Apply systems and security patches to all workstations and servers in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Use remote desktop tools to troubleshoot escalated incidents and to deploy and remove local applications
- Deploy, maintain, and operate a data backup and recovery solution that supports F-35 encryption requirements
- Provide on-site system administration for COTS applications
- Manage updates to hardware and software to maintain currency as well as the overall data center administration requirements
- Review audit, security, application, system, web/application/database, and directory service logs
The selected candidate must have:
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise systems backups
- Proficiency in Remedy support
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience maintaining a network/operational environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with Microsoft operating systems
- Experience supporting content management solutions (MS SharePoint, Open Text Content Management Server)
- Demonstrated experience migrating systems to new approved versions Experience creating and managing Group Policy Objects
- Demonstrated experience in VMware virtualization across-platforms
- Demonstrated experience with the administration of database (MS SQL/Oracle) backups and restores
- Demonstrated understanding of Active Directory infrastructure, design and interface capabilities with other MS products
- Demonstrated understanding of name resolution (DNS, WINS)
The following skills/experience are desired:
- Certification in any of the following: MCP, ITIL Foundation v3, CompTIA Security +, CompTIA A+, MCP- 70-290 Managing and Maintaining Windows 2003 Servers, MCDST, MCSA (2000, 2003), MCSE (2003, 2007)
- This position requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 8 or more years of progressive related experience OR 12 years of related experience.
- An IAT Level III certification is required. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted if the selected candidate holds a current IAT Level II certification.
Duration: 6 Month Contract-to-Hire