Sr. Virtualization Design Engineer
Quantico , VA
- Under broad direction, apply specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Apply specialization to conceptualize, design, construct, test and implement portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Analyze collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Understand and use appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Participate in special studies and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Assist information engineers on application of specialized knowledge to coding, testing, implementation and documentation projects.
- Perform asset scanning and logging of assets that have been delivered in accordance with established Government directives for both Lab and Production assets.
- Maintain data utilizing the Marine Corps Asset Management Systems to include Configuration Management (CM) Databases owned or operated by the Government and monitor all Hardware (HW) assets, moveable, and non-moveable; software, and all other assets directly or indirectly supporting the network.
- Updates data inventory and usage information within a centralized asset repository.
- Perform receipt, inventory, integration, kitting and shipment of HW and Software (SW) to designated Government locations.
- Perform Asset Discovery scans and Usage Monitoring to maintain asset repository.
- Maintain accountability and storage of SW and corresponding information such as license, name, version, release date.
- Maintain accountability of HW and storage of corresponding of each asset, such as manufacturer, make, model, serial number, vendor information, and custom fields.
- Manage and maintains accurate and timely warranty information on all assets.
- Create, update, and maintain Configuration Item (CI) information on HW and SW assets in support of the lab and during release and deployment into production enterprise network.
- Assist with periodic reporting of the installed SW quantities, total number of licenses allocated, and the number actually being used to support accounting and reconciliation processes, as well as validating compliance with license agreements for lab assets.
- Verify asset deployment, changes, and removal to ensure that actual configurations match inventory and license agreements for the lab and during release and deployment into production.
- Assist with monitoring status of all assets within the lab and during release and deployment into production to ensure Government Configuration Management (CM) tools are maintained and updated with the most current information.
- Assist to identify asset management data errors and mitigate errors with Government concurrence.
- IAT level II
- ITIL v3
- Secret clearance withSSBI(or higher)
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 4+ years of experience