Sr. ServiceNow Developer
Senior ServiceNow Developer
6+ Month Contract (likely to convert perm)
On-Site in Adelphi, MD
Softworld's client is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Application Developer to join their team in application development using the ServiceNow Now platform and will assure the delivery of successful deployments of applications developed through the ServiceNow Now platform following ServiceNow's best practices.
· Guide solution design activities within the ServiceNow platform application development team
· Communicate with the customers in non-technical terms, understand their requirements, when appropriate, ask the right set of questions to get to the true requirements.
· Working with clients to assess current state processes, legacy applications, and tools
· When appropriate, create quick proof-of-concept for the customers
· When appropriate, work with customers/product owners to define user stories
· Create, document, design, develop, and integrate applications using the ServiceNow platform following ServiceNow best practices
· Document architectural solutions in a clear and accurate manner
· Implement the core integration components (LDAP, SSO, Discovery, MID Server, etc.)
· Consider dependencies, relationships, and integration points to ensure proper solution integration with other systems when applicable
· Develop solutions across the ServiceNow platform to utilize automation and integration capabilities of ServiceNow, focused on leveraging business services with out of the box capabilities
· Work with cross-functional team in an agile and fast-paced development environment
· Work with the lead to architect application solutions, guide agile/Scrum team to develop regulated and non-regulated software solutions throughout the software development life cycle ensuring timely delivery
· Provide technical coaching to less experienced developers
· Promote the use of a shared infrastructure and ServiceNow roadmap to reduce costs and improve how end-to-end information flows
· Ensure code quality compliance to organization regulations.
· Bachelor's degree with minimum 6 years of relevant experience in software development and architecture
· 2+ years’ experience of ServiceNow development and / or ServiceNow implementation
· Good track-record of developing large-scale, multi-tier applications
· Experienced working in an agile environment
· Has done at least 3 moderate to complex applications using ServiceNow Now platform that deal with SSO, MID server, data pipeline in following ServiceNow's best practices.
· Demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a broad range of people and roles with ability to deal with ambiguity
· Strong experience developing, releasing, and maintaining software solutions
· Experienced in Cloud services, PaaS and application of those services.
· Proven team player and team builder
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal security clearance.
· This is a Lead role, but this person must still be comfortable working hands-on and with customers/ end-clients to determine how they want things done in ServiceNow.
· The ability to show/train some of the Java developers on ServiceNow down the road, once the implementation is complete.