Sr. Network Engineer
New York, NY | Contract
- Position will likely go from Sept though November (roughly 3 months). It is a temporary fill.
- Key Skills Needed: Expert in Cisco switches, routers, firewalls
- Everything else is a plus
- Will be supporting roughly 40 clients, with 20-30 users per client. Will only need to go onsite to client if there are some network issues.
- The senior network engineering position calls for a highly motivated individual with broad expertise in all areas of network design, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- In addition, this role will be responsible for escalation support and design configuration of network switching equipment in all locations.
- This position is a hands-on technical lead assisting the Global head of Networking to support all aspects of network infrastructure.
- Ensure deployment and operational integrity of the global corporate network infrastructure by following established best practices.
- Collaborate with other team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations.
- Ensure proper monitoring and alerting systems are in place to maintain high availability across the Global networks.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers when configuring 3rd Party secure communication links, e.g. Customer VPN connections or FIX providers.
- Assist the Information Security Team with the installation, management, and configuration of other information security devices and systems.
- Mentor junior Network Administrators and train them
- On occasion this role may be required to assist other Technology Management departments to complete projects.
- Evaluating new technologies, recommending products and services for implementation, managing system upgrades
- Ensure the successful execution of engineering projects by developing and implementing plans that deliver with planned scope, schedule and budget.
- Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Assist with the network integration of new acquisitions and helping in Site survey and propose recommendations
- Responsible for Datacenter Preventive Maintenance, OS Upgrades, Replacement & Hardware Refresh
- Local and international travel may be required on occasion.
- This individual will have 7+ years providing network support and configuration across multiple technologies, preferably to financial institutions.
- A strong, broad technical background is expected.
- This individual must be a team player that is keen to assist across the team. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must for this role as is a solid understanding of, and commitment to, end user support.
Product Expertise (Preferred):
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA | Juniper SRX | PaloAlto | Meraki
- Switches: Cisco Nexus | Catalyst Switches | Junipers | HP/Aruba | Meraki
- Wireless: Cisco Aironet | Wireless Controller | Meraki | Ruckus
- SDNs: VMware NSX | vSwitch | Juniper | PaloAlto virtual Appliance
- Protocols: TCP/IP | OSPF | BGP | VPC | Spanning Tree | Ether-channel | HSRP | QOS | VOIP
- Security: UTM | Cisco FirePOWER | Proxy | IPSec VPN | Remote VPN
- Public Cloud: AWS | Azure
Due to the global nature of the job and the often-disruptive work undertaken by the Networking team as well as unexpected outages, there will be times when long hours or out of hours work is required. Some weekend support hours will be needed as well.