Sr. Network Engineer
Hampton, VA 23665
Serves as a Network Engineer for the 480th Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) Wing Security Office and the Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) Processing, Exploitation, Dissemination (PED) Operations Center (DPOC).
The Engineer is responsible for the management, performance and upkeep of all wide area network, and campus area network services to include routers, switches, crypto, multiplexing components, network services, and other functions inherent to network management. The candidate is also responsible for the daily management of all networking devices within the DCGS Architecture.
In addition, the EDPOC Tier 3 Network Engineer:
- Provides level 2 troubleshooting and help desk support of the DCGS network at the core and remote locations.
- Completely understands the PEDS Architecture and security issues within.
- Acts as an Operations Engineer capable of working with outside agencies to resolve network related issues.
- Works with DPOC Tier III staff on optimizing CAN routers, switches and cryptographic devices, providing recommendations for improvements to the DCGS Network.
- Manages and operates software applications at all sites required to conduct network management of the DPA
- Responds to hardware and software problems related to DPA equipment
- Works with DPOC operations staff to optimize CAN routers, switches, and cryptographic devices and provides recommendations for improvements to the AF DCGS network in support of existing and new ISR sensors and capabilities
- Installs CAN equipment at new sites, maintains documentation and drawings of all DPA architectures
- Advises the 480 ISR WG, AF DCGS program office, and other organizations desiring connectivity to DPA to establish robust system engineering and practical integration solutions
- Reviews all integration efforts to ensure engineering rigor and security practices are maintained across the DPA and advises government leadership regarding any possible risks/concerns
- Processes and implements all network service requests (NSR) and implements all security approved ports and services requests (PSR) any changes and modifications to the AF DCGS weapon system
- Reviews requirements provided by the AF DCGS Program Office to determine bandwidth, performance, and Controlled Interface (CI) settings for establishing network configuration baselines and provides input back to COR or designated representative
- BA/BS, 5+ years experience
- 7 Years of network engineering and integration experience
- Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI)
- Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and CompTIA Security+
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- A working knowledge of AF DCGS and AF ISR operations is desired