Sr Technical Systems Analyst (Remedy System)
It’ s important to know that this is NOT a developer role, it is an Application Support role. We need a resource who can own and manage the application and lead the execution of enhancements and incident remediation.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and Agile)
- Solid understanding of network and internet technology concepts, including web server technologies, database technologies, Microsoft environments and Data center operations.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to collaborate and perform in a dynamic and continuous-improvement seeking environment
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Hands-on experience with problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and client commitments concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to engage in technical conversations with various technical support groups
- Be the application owner of the CARE Complaints application and its related MIS architecture. Understand the application architecture, interfaces, workflows and batch processes.
- Creates well-written and understandable technical documentation with regards the application architecture, administration, maintenance, structure, and user permissions for BMC Remedy System.
- Collaborate with business application owners and manage user permissions for BMC Remedy System.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand, document, manage development and implementation of functionality enhancements
- Manage structure and content of BMC Remedy System supporting the CARE application.
- Performs impact analysis of technical issues and drive root remediation across application and infrastructure tiers by facilitating real-time and offline
- triages. Engage vendors as required.
- Maintains good working relationships with stakeholders and business teams as well as Incident/Problem managers, other technical support and development teams
- Provides technical oversight and execute on infrastructure upgrade activities.
- Analyze and report on BMC Remedy System usage and activity.
- Review events and messages reported in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor.
- Working with Infrastructure partners: review, clean-up, manage and configure BMC Remedy System accounts and sites.
- Undertake analysis of the BMC Remedy System content and storage, recommending and owning implementation of optimization activity
- Monitor and report on BMC Remedy System trends to include site usage and growth, disk space usage and growth.
- Own and manage the set up of alerts and enforce usage policies of these.
- Have familiarity with RMF, write parts of POA&M, and continually update SSP.
- Have knowledge of programs/scripting in Java, C, HTML, CSS, PowerShell, and Bash within and outside of the BMC Remedy System.
- Assist in administration of SQL databases as required and create, manage, update, and troubleshoot programs that query and push data to a SQL database, XML file, and/or a data warehouse including Microsoft CRM.
- Understand and support Backup and restore processes for the BMC Remedy System.
- Have knowledge of Powercenter processes and how they support the application workflows.
- Support vulnerability and risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Own implementation of new custom developed functionality for the application.