Software Test Engineer
Top 3 Technical Skills (confirmed):
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Our customer is passionate about their mission and we are tasked with keeping their IT services running smoothly, to help them achieve their goals. The auditors in this 4000 user community are subject area experts in all facets of government and industry best practices. We take great pride in supporting their wide scope of technology needs.
Our client is looking to hire a Software Test Engineer for their client in downtown DC. The Software Test Engineer position is a hands-on role that involves troubleshooting and analyzing issues before handing it off to developers for resolution to ensure software quality in all phases of the software development life cycle. This position will work closely with our test and development teams as well as PMs to perform software testing with an emphasis on test automation with Selenium for our web application testing across a variety of programming languages, and platforms. This person will provide end to end test support including smoke test, regression test, functional test, load testing etc.
In this role you will…
· Perform software testing and quality assurance in a test-driven, agile development environment.
· Create test plans and test cases.
· Produce and execute automation test scripts for smoke test/regression test etc. independently using Selenium.
· Support the Technical Team through excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Utilizing system analysis techniques, translate system requirements into test cases/scenarios ensuring that all the assigned subset requirements are part of the system to be delivered.
· Working independently to ensure full test coverage of the assigned test subset.
· Basic knowledge of SQL and relational databases
· Develop QA standards and processes across all of our QA activities.
· Manage the generation of problem and change reports
· Provide the corrective action for these problems and change reports operate correctly
You’ ve got what it takes if you have…
· U.S. citizens/Green card ONLY due to government or federal requirement
· 5 years of experience in software testing with at least 3 years in test automation
· Experience with browser based debugging tools such as Firebug, Chrome Developer tool etc.
· Hands on experience with Source Code/Repository/Application Log Analysis
· Experience using and supporting test automation tools/platforms such as HP ALM/UFT, Selenium, TestNG framework, Cucumber or a similar tool
· Familiarity with JAVA for Selenium scripting
· Experience with JIRA and Confluence
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills including strong customer interfacing skills
· Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are a must
Huge plus if you have…
· Section 508 testing
· Load testing experience with NeoLoad or similar tools
· Experience working with Jenkins/Gitlab
· Knowledge of API Testing with tools such as RestAssure