Software Quality Engineer
Lynchburg, VA 24501 US
Software Quality Engineer (P25 Land Mobile Radio, RF)
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Duration: 12+ month contract (ongoing)
This position will be for the VIDA Infrastructure Base Station Testing.
Looking for Software Quality Engineering background with RF, Analog and Digital communication, P25 LMR (Land Mobile Radio) and/or LTE experience. Supporting base station new design and development.
Team is doing manual testing now and will be transitioning to automation and automated testing.
Software Engineer with focus on quality for mission critical VIDA Infrastructure Communications and Portable/Mobile radios used to support first responders and military personnel on evolving LMR/LTE/WIFI/IOT and Hybrid Communication Architectures.
Areas of responsibility will include:
• Contributing member of an agile scrum team with focus on system test and test automation.
• Perform requirements analysis, test analysis, test development, and system verification with scrum
• Create both manual and automated tests as required for new features and regression testing
• Perform manual and automation feature and regression testing on new software & hardware for terminals, base station, and network infrastructure equipment and systems as well as servers and AWS applications.
• Work with the automation system architect for common automation framework, projects and automation tools.
• Work with system architects, development and other cross-functional teams to ensure effective and timely software system integration and verification
• Assist development in designing and implementing effective software testability into new and existing products supporting continual process/quality improvement.
• Contribute to evolution of automation platforms and strategies with an eye towards 6-Sigma improvements in accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency
• Create and maintain test and engineering related work products for various projects.
o Test Plans, Instructions, and Reports
o Configure and maintain test beds
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
· Software Quality, Development or test scripting automation skills
· Communicates effectively, both written and orally
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and/or software issues
· Must be able to complete assignments in a team environment
· Degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience with RF
• Knowledge of Analog and digital communication systems
• Knowledge of P25 and LTE communication protocols and systems a plus!
• Experience with base station testing and RF testing techniques
• Automation Hardware, Test Equipment, National Instruments Hardware
• Test automation with scripting language. LabVIEW, TestStand, and SmartBear TestComplete experience a plus!
• HP Quality Center (HPQC), ClearQuest, DOORS,GIT, Jenkins, VersionOne
• DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, Coverity, BlackDuck…
• Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word.
- Experience with USB, Ethernet, WiFu and Personal Area Network protocols a plus