Austin, TX | Contract
A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years experience designing and developing interactive scientific or e-commerce web solutions
· Excellent communication / documentation skills
· Clear understanding of client-server functionality, web browser technology, and OOD and Java fundamental concepts and language.
· Experience with Java technologies including Java 6/7/8, Struts 2, Tiles, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, JSTL, Web services(SOAP/WSDL), JAXB, Ehcache, Maven, Tomcat server
· Experience with using tools such as Eclipse IDE, Git, Perforce, HPQC, Confluence/Jira, Subversion, Oracle Developer, Selenium QC, etc.
· Strong Experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc) and working with data formats like XML.
· Experience with Search Concepts, Search Engines such as FAST, and SEO a plus.
· Strong problem solving, web application debugging and troubleshooting skills using latest tools a must.
· Some working knowledge of systems and network administration in Linux and Windows, and be able to get around server using command line to perform common tasks.
· Experience with other server-side technologies including PHP, Perl, Ruby and Python a plus
· Experience with Linux programming or administration a plus.
· Experience with Agile Software Development process a plus.
· Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
· Multi-tasking with good follow through skills, good communication skills.
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to work alone and accomplish tasks without supervision