Washington , DC
Location: Washington, DC (partial remote)
Duration: Contract to hire
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, results-oriented Software Architect. The incumbent will have experience with software design and delivery, and user interface design. The Software Architect will be responsible for the overall software, database, and deployment architecture of an Assessment and Analysis Model.
• Ensures that the three sub-models that make up the Assessment and Analysis Model are integrated, compatible, and scalable.
• Coordinates software design and implementation with team of developers through use of a knowledge base and Agile management tool.
• Reviews existing software code to ensure that requirements are met and that appropriate software engineering/development discipline is applied.
• Runs architectural reviews for multiple data-driven tools/models under development, to ensure compatibility and scalability.
• Assists in software and database design and development as necessary.
• Interacts with the government client to discuss requirements, review progress, present recommendations and address tool/model enhancements.
• Facilitates the iterative refinement of requirements to software feature descriptions.
• Provides support to other corporate client software development initiatives, as required.
• 3 Software Developers will be reporting to this Software Architect.
• 15+ years of software architecture and development/programming experience. 90% of the work will be architecting. Must know how to development software. However, this person will only be developing on an as needed basis.
• Extensive experience with Python and Tableau.
• Experience integrating a dashboard that integrates with 3 sub-models. (Client has one sub-model developed in Python, 1 developed in Tableau, and 1 TBD. They anticipate that Tableau is the easiest way to integrate, but they don’ t want to scrap the Python model, but instead integrate that into a Tableau dashboard.)
• Tool/Model development experience.
• Ability to work from high-level requirements through detailed specifications.
• Familiar with Agile processes (Scrum/Kanban) and their implementation.
• Release management tool experience.
• Software CI/CD pipeline experience.
• Linux and VM management experience
• Strong DB schema design, SQL query and optimization experience (using PostgreSQL DB).
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative team setting.
• Experience managing a team. Will be managing a team of 3 Developers.
• End-to-end understanding of SDLC methodologies and the ability to independently engineer, analyze, and test complex applications, systems, and/or services.
• Ability to make critical decisions with limited guidance while ensuring visibility into those decisions.
• BS in Engineering or related field required.
• Cloud knowledge/experience strongly desired. Client is on the cusp of learning/using Cloud so if someone was able to help with that transition it would be extremely beneficial.
• Big data management experience, ETL tool experience a plus.
• Git based version control, branch management experience preferred.
• Software system implementation experience preferred.
• Broad base of software engineering experience preferred.
*** Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. Citizenship is required.***