Senior Network Engineer
*Active Secret clearance required*
• Tests and analyzes all elements of network facilities
• Monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources on multiple enclaves utilizing software and hardware tools
• Identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting network performance
• Analyzes network performance, usage, traffic flows, access, and interfaces
• Provides technical planning and analysis for communication activities including designing, integrating, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, testing, monitoring, reporting, documenting, working with appropriate vendors, and performing preventative maintenance services
• Maintains a current understanding of emerging technologies an trends in online media, cloud service, storage solutions, and other data center technologies
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 7+ years of xperience with engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment, including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber/Optical, DSL, Ethernet, and Ethernet over Copper core.
• BS degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• CISSP or CASP certification and CCNP Routing & Switching; CCNA Datacenter is a Plus.
• Top secret (TS) required to start; must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
• Experience with the following protocols, BGP, OSPF, vDC, vPC, VRFs, Spanning-Tree, VLANs, 802.1q, QoS, Cisco ASA with Active/Active Multiple Contexts
• Experience with the following equipment, Cisco ASA 5585X, Cisco ASA 5525X, Cisco Nexus 7k, Cisco Nexus 9k, Cisco Nexus 2k, Cisco ASR-100X, Cisco 3560E, Cisco 45XX with dual supervisor modules, Cisco 65XX, Symmetricom, Forcepoint Sidewinder, Juniper SRX 5400, F5 LTM, F5 GTM, KG-175G TACLANE, Cisco ACS/MAB, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds, Cisco HyperFlex and VMware.