Senior IS Project Manager
Worcester, MA 01601 US
Senior IS Project Manager
Max Salary: $140, 000
PMP Certification Required
- Plans and manages the delivery of large complex projects/programs that typically have high visibility, impact across multiple-entities and/or have direct impact on strategic plan. Manages the System Development Life Cycle, i.E. Systems and project planning, estimating, management, execution, implementation and ongoing support. Works closely with IS Infrastructure and Security leaders as well as functional business groups, the appropriate IS resources, and vendors to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
- Manages the development of formal needs analysis, business case, project scope, project planning, resource estimating, and tracking/management protocols. Works closely with the business/clinical functional areas (internal customers), external customers, and vendors in defining systems/project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements, timing, deliverables, and funding.
- Typically manages complex projects/programs exceeding $1 million and/or projects which have very high visibility, impact across multiple-entities and/or have direct impact on strategic plan. Provides leadership and direction to the project team. Manages user, IS and consulting vendor/partner relationship, service delivery and overall performance. Attends client meetings for ongoing and prospective projects. Oversees and maintains liaison between all parties concerned with the project to facilitate any changes or modifications, and to facilitate resolution of project problems.
- Oversees the development of relevant project proposals and budgets and recommend approval of them before submission to business clients. Analyzes short and long-term resource needs and adjusts staffing and resources appropriately. Ensures completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines. Tracks milestones and timelines across projects and institutes the necessary workflow adjustments and personnel and financial resource reallocations. Analyzes financial and operational reports. Analyzes and resolves issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and/or the ability to meet agreed upon milestones and deliverables.
- Will focus on Infrastructure and Security projects. Knowledge and exposure to these types of projects will be desirable to interact with the technical team and collaborate and coordinate planning and execution activities.
- Develops and recommends the budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to assure financial goals are met. Reviews and tracks invoices and other records of expenses and approves payment for vendors and contractors. Tracks milestones and/or percent complete and inform accounting as these levels are attained so invoices can be sent in a timely manner. Proactively identifies changes in work scope and ensures appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets. Implements operational improvements approved by senior management. Directs and supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Make recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- Represents PMO department in a variety of settings and provides updates and information about PMO deliverables for client executive, business partners/stakeholders, development team, operations team, and finance department in the tracking of project activities.
- Minimum 7-10 years of complex project management experience within IS Infrastructure and/or Security managing projects from planning through completion under strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Project Management certification (PMP)
- Demonstrated ability to manage large complex projects under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of systems and network infrastructures used in health care. (Technical qualifications dependent upon focus of projects responsible for).
- Demonstrates an understanding of traditional System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills are essential.
- In-depth knowledge of systems and applications used in health care industry is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to lead a business transition process that leverages technology (Process Reengineering/ Redesign).
- Ability to demonstrate excellent presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences includes executive management.
- Ability and willingness to learn. Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications.
- Experience with MS Project.