A Security Engineer is required for a contract position located in Hopkinton, MA
We are looking for an inquisitive, highly motivated and experienced individual who is passionate about cyber security. This is an excellent opportunity to continue growing your information security skills in this exciting time of virtualization, automation and orchestration. Should have excellent debugging skills and continuously strive for the highest standards in order to ensure the security of both our physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Typically requires 8+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of working experience with one or more of Vulnerability Management tools like Fortify, Qualys, Rapid7 & SecureWorks
- Experience developing & managing Jboss, Spring boot and Apache based software
- Experience using database technologies like Oracle and PostgreSQL
- In depth understanding Unix & Linux operating systems
- General knowledge of the functions of various security infrastructure, including firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Proxy Servers, Security Event Managers, VPNs
- Programs proficiently in several languages and is comfortable switching between them
- Shows a commitment to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Be an agile development team member, responsible for collaborating with the team on release planning, sprint planning and scoping
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers with debugging
- Experience leveraging APIs preferred
- Work closely with Cyber security team on scanning the apps using industry standard tools and identifying the fixes
- Manage and maintain the vulnerability management platform and related technologies.
- Deploy updates and new systems as needed to ensure visibility into the threat landscape.
- Provide reporting and analysis as needed for systems administrators.
- Contributes to the development of best practices within their group
- Accountable for technical debt in their own software
- Flexible in his or her thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- 9 months