Remote - Android Developer
Softworld's client is looking for a Junior to Mid Level Software Developer looking to break into the Android Development space. This role would be support and maintenance oriented, with the idea of moving into new development down the line. The client is ideally looking for a software developer with an Android, Java, or C++ background and 3+ years of development experience. The client is allowing the majority of the work to be remote, but this individual must be willing to work on-site in Newton, MA 1-2 days a week.
- Working knowledge of android components (Content Providers, Broadcast Receivers, Services, Activities, Fragments, AsyncTasks, UI layouts, Intents).
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Proficient with Android SQLite database design and implementation.
- Well versed with Embedded development as a secondary skill (Java, C++)
- Proficient understanding of source control/Git.
- BS Computer Science / BS Computer Engineering degree
- Understand software best practices including unit testing, documentation, and code reviews.
- Generate Android applications that utilize instrument specific components and workflows.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of Android development.
- Understanding of Android communications (USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth).
- Knowledge of Android Native/JNI code.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Basic understanding of Gradle build environment.
- Image processing experience in C++/Java.