Stamford, CT | Contract
Looking for a Senior Project Manager to support our client's Infrastructure Solutions team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing complex infrastructure and data center initiatives within a global environment, and will be comfortable managing 3-5 initiatives simultaneously.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working with clients to understand requirements for success
• Bringing together appropriate teams (Infrastructure, CAS, Information Security, etc.) to ensure infrastructure requirements are well understood, and align with business requirements and strategic roadmap
• Communicating and following up with project team members to drive on-time completion of activities
• Building partnerships and regular communications with sponsors and stakeholders to manage expectations, provide progress and/or escalate issues
• Developing risk management strategies; taking responsibility for problem analysis and recovery
• Creating and maintaining project documentation, either using standard templates or through project management tool Planview
Qualifications & Skills:
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to present complex concepts and make them understood at all levels of the organization, both to technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders, etc.
• Significant experience managing projects and project teams within a global, matrix environment with respect to different cultures and time zones
• Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional IT teams (developers, operations, etc.), third party resources and vendors
• Customer focused with a “ can do” attitude
• Certified in project management
• Good knowledge of MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint