The candidate will be working as part of the Defense Systems program management team in a dynamic, high volume department. The candidate will be involved in preparation of proposals, financial reports, baseline budgets, schedules and variance analysis. Successful completion of assignments will require interfacing with internal and external contacts regarding various aspects of the assigned program. The ideal candidate is a self starter who works well independently and in groups. They must display strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high level of accuracy and productivity.
Supports program office in pursuit and management of business opportunities by:
- Preparing cost volumes for proposal submission (which includes but is not limited to understanding WBS structures, cost elements, preparation of basis of estimate and the ability to review a solicitation for compliance requirements)
- Supporting active contracts by providing financial data and administrative support in fulfilling Contract Data Requirements List(s)
- Using information systems (PeopleSoft ERP and Data Warehouse) to create and manage budget plans for programs and subtasks on a weekly/monthly basis and to respond proactively to address potential problems/anomalies
- Ensuring adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and proactively submitting timely requests for additional funding and/or senior management risk authorization when applicable. Communicating with customer and subcontractor financial staff as required to track and report financial progress
- Monitoring the completion of project deliverables and ensure compliance with the internal quality management system requirements
- Supporting program teams in procurement management and tracking
- Interfacing with Contracts Administration and other relevant departments to facilitate program management
- Forecasting new business and resource management requirements based on available information
- Proactively establishing priorities, executing responsibilities with minimal supervision, and meeting deadlines in a high-pressured environment
Bachelors degree and 2-5 years of related experience in defense, high tech or government contracting sector. Familiarity with spreadsheets, principles of financial tracking, scheduling and other program management tools including an intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel. Experience with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project is preferred. Must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and ability to think critically and independently in a fast paced environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. The exceptional candidate will have a working knowledge of Earned Value Management concepts and the principles of program management. Candidates must be US Citizens, are subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.