Principal Systems Engineer
Falls Church, VA
Principal Systems Engineer- Falls Church, VA
- Troubleshoot and deep dive into VMware infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees
- Design, implement and manage high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environments
- Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
- Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
- Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Plans, manages time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
- Quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
- Conduct project-based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
- Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
Must have qualifications:
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance including Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus computing environment certification (e.g. MCSE or equivalent) and hold an active secret clearance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 6.x, or 5.x. related technologies such as clustering, high availability.
- Strong background in Microsoft Windows technologies, such as Active Directory.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Nice to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification a plus.
- Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with Redhat
- Hands on experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies is a plus
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN’ s, switching, and routing
- Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box
- Intermediate experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, HP and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies.
- HP blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server and SQL Server experience preferred.
- Backup and disaster recovery experience preferred.
Duration: 6 Months +
Clearance: Minimum of Secret Clearance