Remote, DC x US
This is a remote position but they do want someone local to the DC area
Policy and Plans Analysis Requirements and Expectations
The goal of the Unified Communications Division’s Policy and Plans Cell is to aid in obtaining operational dominance. The objective is for the cell to have a large influence on governance and inform the division’s members on decisions about programs, projects, processes and services performed by or conducted within the Division. The Unified Communication Division needs a policy and plans analyst who can help devises and implement changes to policies or plans for standardization or to address circumstances within the customer's IT Environment.
The incumbent will be expected to conduct thorough research to assess current regulations and estimate the impacts of new ones. They will present their findings, provide advice and propose action to the government policy and plans Lead.
The policy and plan analyst will also study Executive Orders like, Buy America / Build America (BABA); Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) policies, and federally IT performance and security mandates. As well as internal policies and procedures and process. The purpose of analyzing policies is to ensure the division’s body of work aligns with the Department’s mission and operating goals. The study of policies will also aid in the development of solutions that work for various groups within the division such as Branches, contract support and other government support teams.
Routine but not limited duties will be:
- Investigate federal and department policies to determine its effects on the divisions mission.
- Conduct IT research and collaborate with other to understand various perspectives on technology, programs, and services.
- Gather and analyze data and statistics.
- Write reports of research findings and summaries and reviews of current policies.
- Write policy proposals explaining the potential impacts, cost and benefits to change