Cambridge, MA | Contract
The position will be responsible for supporting process and outsourcing compliance activities for in a fast-paced environment. The role will provide project management for systems, metrics, processes, and standardized templates used by the department. The Analyst will ensure savings and workload tracking, and tracking of other key departmental statistics such as contract volumes, etc. This individual will ensure R&D Procurement runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis coordination across a diverse set of activities.
Process and Compliance
- Process owner role for business systems such as Contract Management, eCLM, and GSO database repository across Global Strategic Outsourcing. Conducts planning activities related to outputs from these systems as required.
- Develop and optimize contract administration processes to ensure they are efficient and effective. Point person on business systems (Ariba/SAP, eCLM), providing input into design of systems to automate processes and drive operational efficiency across the group working with global counterparts.
- Support implementation of new Procurement processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement Leads and in alignment with global Process and System team.
- Participate in intra-departmental initiatives and undertakes special projects
- Prepare monthly reports to demonstrate corporate compliance with sourcing policies
- Provide support for internal and external compliance audits
- Responsible for the appropriate archival of contractual and regulated / legal original documents, including ensuring compliance ‘ Trial Master File SOP requirements as met
Metrics and Analytics
- Provide spend analytics and support other data gathering requirements for R&D category.
- Generate monthly metrics reports to show contract volumes and associated statistics in support of leadership team
- Facilitate internal client, supplier and departmental surveys.
- Maintain budget tracking mechanisms (eg. Spreadsheet) and other analyses to support leadership
- Maintain and publish capacity/contractual database on biweekly frequency, including workload status, open contracts, negotiated cost savings and other benefits,
Outsourcing and Contractual
- Management, optimization and maintenance of controlled templates, forms and other key documents.
- Responsible for maintenance ofSharePoint site to ensure communication of key information related to strategic partnerships.
- Liaise with Legal to negotiate and execute confidentiality agreements
- Format and route contracts for signature.
- Responsible for the scanning and emailing to internal contacts, electronic hard filing and tracking process of all fully executed contracts.
- Track contract expiry dates and initiate appropriate action.
- Provide an internal customer and vendor interface for timely direction of contracting and outsourcing requests to appropriate Strategic Outsourcing, Sourcing or Legal personnel.
- Working with legal will ensure version control and effective management of legal templates, process for update of any legal templates and contract repositories to support ‘ hold’ and compliance requirements identified by leadership.
- Manage invoicing and approval process for departmental consultants/contractors
- Follow up on supplier calls and maintain supplier information database
- Will ensure the appropriate level of administrative support is in place to ensure the smooth running of the R&D category
- Perform continuous professional development activities relevant to their area and ensure training in processes and systems relevant to their position
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• The successful candidate will have 6+ years analytic and coordination experience in positions of increasing autonomy and responsibility.
• Associate Degree or equivalent experience required; BA/BS preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in organizing complex activities, managing communications with external providers, creating templates and supporting multiple people in a fast-paced and matrixed global environment.
• Advanced project management skills required.
• Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to thrive in an environment involving multiple priorities and diverse responsibilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, proven problem-solving ability and success working both as a member of a team and independently are required.
• Must possess proven capability and expertise in MS© Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.) and aptitude/ability to be proficient in other business systems (eCLM, Empower, SAP, Ariba, Emptoris etc.