Our client look's to MySQL as the base of our high performing and ever growing application. As a Database Engineer, you will develop, optimize and support that geographically distributed database infrastructure, both in the cloud and on-prem. If you're interested in taking on the kind of engineering challenges necessary to provide for these complex and high available systems, we hope you join our client's team.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of our large scale database environments in the cloud and on-prem.
- Automate monitoring, maintenance, and support related tasks.
- Recommend, follow, advocate, and train on database performance best practices.
- You will be able to rapidly diagnose, fix problems, and provide periodic on-call support.
- Lead the planning and implementation of all aspects of database disaster recovery.
- Proficiency in MySQL database administration with 3-5 years of experience.
- Expertise in SQL complex queries and stored procedures.
- Expertise in data modeling and schema design.
- Amazon Web Services with 2-5 years of experience.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Proficiency in the Scripting language of your choice (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.) for monitoring and custom automation.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Extensive experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.