Marketing/ Communications Analyst
South Jordan, UT
The Business Analyst is an integral part of the Client Services’ Communications team. The Business Analyst will work closely with the communications team management as well as other departments such as client services and operations to fulfill project requests relating to the creation and delivery of our client and participant communications. The communications team Business Analyst supports the Project Management team by working cross-functionally in analyzing, designing, and developing business solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
A Marketing or Communications Business Analyst, that has worked in the healthcare industry
The Business Analyst performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
• Gathers and understands business needs: determines, documents, and prioritizes requirements from the business and presents these requirements in a manner that is agreeable, measurable, and flexible enough to meet project needs.
• Manages the organization and documentation of business requirements to ensure the project team develops and implements solutions that meet customer needs.
• Be able to develop functional, conceptual and logical design specifications as needed.
• Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate requirements gathering sessions with the business to identify and drive requirements.
• Analyze and document functional requirements, workflows, and business processes for the communications team.
• Act as an internal consultant within the communications team, helping facilitate the use of technology as a tool for process improvement.
• Assist in the analysis, design, build-out and automation of critical business processes.
• Process improvement analysis (what to automate, what to change, what to eliminate).
• Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements matrix, use cases, scenarios, gap analysis, and business analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Document requirements and work flow diagrams with a focus on process improvements.
• When required, own the creation of test plans and UAT testing. Be able to document and track issues, ensuring timely issue resolution.
• Be able to create user documentation and training materials on an as needed basis.
• Assists in the development, preparation, and analysis of reports for management review using Smartsheet.
• Be able to conduct data gathering, workflow and process mapping using MS Visio.
• Preparation and documentation of client business requirements.
• Documenting business processes and workflows, and working with other departments to determine how solutions are delivered to support those processes and workflows.
• Plays a dual role as PM/BA as needed.
• Assists in the development and updates of project plans, schedules and estimates on smaller project initiatives.
• Works with project managers to establish deadlines for the completion of project deliverables.
• May provide end-user training on products and processes.
• Assists in the development of high-level project scope, deliverables and milestones.
• Assists in the preparation of detailed project plans, including timelines with resource assignments.
• Works as traffic manager for JIRA tickets submitted to the communications team. Analyzes tickets for accuracy, moves tickets to appropriate queues to be worked, and meets with requestor to gather additional scope and requirements information as needed.
Education- B.A. Degree or equivalent experience in business analysis
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• 2-3 years Business Analysis experience, with a BA certification is a MUST
• 2+ years Marketing, Communications, and/or Fulfillment experience or supporting one of these types of teams (preferred)
• Experience with Project Management using Agile and Waterfall methodologies (preferred)
• Experience in the Healthcare industry a plus
• Demonstrate excellent business analyst, consulting, and problem-solving skills
• Strong in oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner
• Ability to manage client and stakeholder expectations while maintaining a good working relationship
• Confident, proactive individual capable of managing multiple, concurrent projects
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team with good conflict resolution skills
• Ability to independently make decisions and reprioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Business and Process Analysis
• Analytical Skills and Attention to Detail
• MS Office:
o Visio – Process Mapping
• E-mail/Scheduling tools
• Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence