Our client is actively recruiting for a Linux engineer to support future work with a Gov't client in Washington DC. In this role you will build, configure and troubleshoot Apache/Tomcat web servers, Java, Cold Fusion and MySQL database servers and open source applications utilizing software automation tools such as Ansible technologies. Provide maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of Linux software and web applications.
Develop custom scripts, modify existing software configuration and/or identify and incorporate third-party products to improve or streamline existing processes or improve system performance. Address issues associated with operating system internals and compiler issues and dependencies. Develop and maintain prescribed procedures to be followed routinely in the form of standard operating procedures, develop, maintain and implement a proactive capacity planning and licensing model to support business decisions. You will also, detect, identify and perform problem isolation and resolution throughout the Linux servers architecture.
• Experience writing Ansible playbooks
• Experience with Ansible Tower
• Experience with building and managing MySQL databases
• High level of proficiency with RHEL 6 & 7 operating systems, stack build automation and system compliance Ansible
• High level of proficiency in Linux Operating System (implementation, management, security, and administration). Including Filesystem Management, Firewall, Service Configurations.
• Expert knowledge of application & web system administration including deployments, troubleshooting, configuration, and tuning using JBOSS.
• Experience designing and implementing container orchestration systems with Docker and LXC and containerization
• Experience implementing and managing private register and containers orchestration with tools such as Artifactory, Nexus, Docker Register
• Experience managing and implementing CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins
• Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
• Experience working cross functionally with other teams
• Familiar with cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding the process from development to operations
• Experience with enterprise class infrastructure and equipment. Familiarity with Virtualization technologies (VMWare).
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform root cause analysis
• U.S. citizens/Green card ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
• 3-5+ Years of combined system engineering and DevOps engineering experience
• Familiar with Agile methodologies
• BS/MS in computer science or related field is preferred.
• 3+ years of total experience with at least 3 years of web administration or full stack development and 2 years of cloud experience is preferred
• Java Application and Java Application Server administration/tuning experience (e.g.: Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat).
• Solid experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or VMware vCloud and/or Docker
• Solid Linux experience (eg: Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache).
• Experience with scripting languages (eg: BASH, Perl, Ruby) and automation tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, cfengine)