Level 1 Technician
Title: Level 1 Technician
Duration: 12 months +
Location: Baldwin, NY
- Proficient in troubleshooting machines, printers, rolling out new machines, Windows experience, and network connectivity.
- General knowledge and administration of Active Directory
- Customer service skills are big.
- Windows proficient
- Hardware proficient
- Experience working with a ticketing system.
- Provide direct on-site problem resolution for both on and off warranty desktop systems.
- Troubleshoot and support end-users of the Administrative, Instructional and Library systems in terms of problem solving.
- Install desktop hardware and software
- Perform desktop imaging and configuration
- Install and configure printers and specialized peripherals.
- Workstation and desktop software management for all non-terminal clients
- Help to insure maximum system and network availability.
- Using the proper software, monitor systems and servers for worm/virus/spyware attacks
- Windows and/or Apple domain administration
- Active Directory administration
- Create, administer and maintain the users’ computing environments; e.g. creation and maintenance of user accounts and profiles, creation of user logon scripts, server-based storage, user file security, and user e-mail accounts.
- Troubleshoot and support end-users with logon, printing, file saving, network access, and application problems.
- Assist with deployment and installation of all hardware and software related to client environments.
- Test and install software applications for users.
- Troubleshoot and support the server systems and application software.
- Maintain system data backup and restoration procedures.
- Maintain internal intranet and external / public web sites in conjunction with, and as directed by the District/Municipality.
- Configure and troubleshoot hardware components including servers and network equipment.
- Install, upgrade and update server applications.
- Provide hardware and software evaluation to clients.
- Meet with the technical staff to review all technical designs.
- Assist with the installation of new initiatives.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of telecommunications and network equipment problems.
- Monitor system network security and uptime.
- Provide Wide-Area Network (WAN) support and troubleshooting with the Network Operations Center.
- Install and troubleshoot local and network printers, scanners multipurpose devices, digital cameras, mobile devices, removable storage devices, i.e. media drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair workstation hardware, monitors, projectors, printers etc.
- Basic workstation OS integrity troubleshooting and re-image if necessary
- Troubleshoot office and academic software, install software on local machines, user profiles and update software when applicable and prepare equipment for power point presentations.
- Troubleshoot Email and application problems.
- Troubleshoot presentation station problems, physical wiring issues.
- Clean an infected machine of worm/virus/spyware.
- Maintain computer inventory.
- Administer help desk procedures.
- Manage and monitor remote Finance Manager Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Assist in unboxing and installing network equipment as it applies to setup, network connections, re-imaging, and post configuration testing.