Lead Systems Analyst - Fixed Income Analytics
Softworld’ s elite asset management client is hiring a Lead Systems Analyst with strong Fixed Income Analytics experience. The individual will be responsible for requirements, systems analysis, prototyping, testing and project management. This position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- In depth Fixed Income analytics background
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a systems analyst in the financial services industry
- Practical understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, asset backed securities, mortgages, etc.
- Familiarity with OIS pricing models and related concepts
- Practical understanding of Derivatives (including valuation and risk management approaches)
- Experience dealing with analytics vendors (YieldBook, Point, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Experience with vendor valuation libraries and applications (Numerix, Calypso, FinCad)
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Working knowledge of Python will be a big plus
- Working knowledge of Java will be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of ownership of outcomes
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Bachelor’ s degree is required
- CFA Institute, Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset