Lead Sr. Systems Admin
Falls Church, VA
A Softworld client is looking for a Lead Sr. Systems Admin for their Falls Church, VA location.
The experienced Lead System Administrator will perform operational duties and lead team of 7 Systems Administrators regarding in support of PFPA Security Integration and Technology Support (PSITS) operations including:
- Lead and participate in execution of the operations and management of a group of Windows Operating Systems: Servers (2008 R2 and 2012 R2) and Workstations (Windows 7 and 10) on both PFPA’ s Life Safety Backbone (LSB) and Joint Service Provider hosted locations. Includes small number of Linux systems.
- Perform Active Directory Services administration and management to include design, cleanup and routine maintenance and configuration.
- Develop or lead oversight of update, documentation and management of GPOs across complex multiple domain, network environment
- Manage, monitor and respond to alerting for systems and services maintained
- Implement patches and upgrades to ensure server and workstation environment in compliance with DoD STIG and Information Assurance regulations.
- Support implementation of Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Lead or provide oversight to automation of system management and monitoring using SCCM and SCOM
- Participate in System Administration On-Call rotational support roster
- Lead and manage oversight of troubleshooting and tiger team resolution of operational issues
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus
- A combination of experience and strong competence/familiarity in the following areas:
- Experience supporting MS Active Directory services
- Experience supporting MS Server 2012R2
- Experience raising the functional level of a domain to 2012R2
- Experience developing and applying AD GPOs in a DoD environment
- Experience implementing RBAC in a Windows environment
- Experience automating system management and monitoring using SCCM
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise disaster recovery solutions in a virtual environment
- Experience patching Windows systems in a DoD environment
- Experience in a leadership role
- MCSE Server Infrastructure (2012)
- Experience automating system administration tasks using Windows PowerShell
- Experience deploying and supporting SCCM2012R2
- Experience with Linux
- Experience consolidating disparate domains
- Experience supporting MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, or 2014
Duration: 6-month contract-to-hire