Lead Security Engineer
Lead Security Engineer
Keys to this Position
- Seeking a Lead Network Security Engineer/Architect to lead network security infrastructure initiatives. We will also consider a senior level resource. This is a very hands-on role.
- Technologies: Palo Alto Firewall, Bluecoat Proxy, Akamai, AWS and Network experience. We will consider other vendors.
- Excellent communication skills are required. This individual will train the support team. The role itself will not involve direct day to day support.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in network security and network infrastructure required.
- Advanced working knowledge of Palo Alto firewall, Bluecoat proxy, DNS, LAN/WAN infrastructure, BGP, VPN required; familiarity with AWS Networking concepts for multi-VPC environments strongly preferred.
- Exposure to Cisco, Arista, HPE Aruba (NAC and networking), Infoblox, ITIL, and WAF preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication (training, documentation, incident management) skills essential.
- Python automation skills a plus
- CCNP, Palo Alto or AWS certifications all a plus
- Provide Tier 3 network security support for Palo Alto, Symantec (Bluecoat), Akamai, and Aruba in our campus, internet and cloud environments.
- Lead network security platform architecture roadmaps (upgrades, new features, capacity) and provide guidance to broader IT infrastructure and application teams on operating effectively within our network security controls.
- Lead network security infrastructure deployments and complex maintenance activities. Provide guidance to network security support staff on best practices and playbooks for global maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoot and identify root cause for security and availability problems, including working with equipment vendors, cloud provider and telecom providers.
- Create, test and recommend next-generation network security environments to meet emerging business requirements and publish detailed design documents to enable deployment and support
- Set the direction and pace improvements in monitoring, troubleshooting, response playbooks, and anomaly detection across our network security infrastructure portfolio.
- Manage our operational network security vendor relationships, including maintenance renewals, cost management, platform refreshes, identifying end-of-life concerns, and product quality issues.
Location: Marlborough, MA