50% Remote & Every Other Friday Off
Softworld is seeking a hands-on Mid-Level Java Developer to support the Census Bureau in Suitland, MD. As a key member of the team, the Java Developer will interface with the customers and developers supporting a range of software development activities including requirements collection and analysis, technical architecture design, detailed software design, implementation, test and integration for new and existing systems. Strong development experience using Java-centric Software technologies is a critical qualification for this position.
- Design, develop, test and integrate of custom JAVA applications and solutions.
- Interfaces with senior-level customer management and SMEs
- Designs and leads implementation of scalable, secure JAVA-based applications.
- Resolve complex design, implementation and/or performance issues.
- Work with the Information Security Organization to ensure that developed solutions meet all security requirements.
- Support all development and delivery activities, from requirements definition and specification to deployment and delivery to production.
- Consult with project teams and end users to identify new requirements; identifies areas for improvements.
- Assist in identification and evaluation of new/emerging technologies, COTS products, development and testing tools.
- 3+ years of recent hands-on Java development experience, including three years of Java Open Source frameworks and technologies
- 2 years Web application, SOA, web service (SOAP or RESTful) development and deployment
- Proficient experience developing REST Web Services from scratch (must be a producer, not a consumer)
- Experience in applying Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in developing innovative Java-centric scalable, secure enterprise custom applications
- Experience leading multiple concurrent software development projects
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with development teams and customers
- B.S. in Computer Science