Java & Pivotal Cloud Foundry Software Engineer/Solutions Architect
Location: Herndon, VA
Duration: 12+ months (ongoing contract)
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Seeking a Software Engineer with a background as a Solutions Architect who loves working directly with customers and does not mind frequent travel to various locations within the United States. The ideal candidate would enjoy:
• Being a hands-on architect
• Being customer facing, passionate, curious, engaging
• Working on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks)
• Transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
• Coaching and mentoring customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people with the use of agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
The candidate will be:
• Providing feedback on – and contributions to – the Spring and Cloud Foundry open source projects, potentially becoming a core committer
• Assisting customers in migrating existing apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Modernizing customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
• Working with customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
• Becoming an agent of change within customer organizations
• Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
• Interested in learning new skills through collaboration and hand-on training
• Experience as a solutions architect
• Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; strong background with Spring and related projects
• Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures.
• Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques. Experience or desire to work in a pair programming environment
• Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time within the United States but would be home for weekends.
• 8+ years of software development experience
• Great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
• Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
• Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
they will be working at the Customer's Facility.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor of Science in one of the following: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics.
Clearance Required: Secret