Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Columbia, MD | Perm
Softworld’ s elite defense client is hiring an ISSO to provide support to the ISSM for maintaining the appropriate security posture of systems in accordance with NISPOM Chapter 8 and/or JAFAN 6/3 /JSIG. The ISSO assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and works closely with the system administrator to support day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Experience implementing and/or monitoring with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with NISPOM Chapter 8 and/or JAFAN 6/3 /JSIG
- Familiarity with multiple intel community and DSS system accreditation procedures
- Produce security artifacts as required (SSP, POAMs, etc.)
- Communicate with teammates and customer personnel
- Experience hardening operating systems
- Experience with vulnerability and compliance scanning tools (WASSP, Nessus, SCAP, etc.)
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- This position requires the candidate to already possess and maintain an active TS clearance. Will carry an SCI if the applicant is SCI eligible.
- Must hold a DOD 8570 compliant IAT Level 1 certification; possess at least a A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE or SCP