Help Desk Support Specialist
- Tier I Helpdesk Technician is required for a contract position in Chantilly, VA.
- This role is support DOJ. The contractor shall provide the qualified personnel and services to operate an off-site JCON Help Desk Call Center Operations. The contractor shall operate an offsite Tier 1 Level support team that will serve as the single point of contact to answer phone calls, web request and emails for 2, 700 Civil Division end users. The contractor shall handle approximately 4, 000 tickets a month, shall open incidents, work orders or service request records using a ticketing system for all calls, emails, voice mails, and web requests.
- Provide phone, email, and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Manage and monitor problem ticket treads. Analyze incidents and determine level of support require.
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Maintain a database utilizing the ticketing system of all telephone calls and messages received requesting customer assistance.
- Maintain and monitor all incidents records within the ticketing system and provide assistance in their resolution when reviewing incident records.
- Provide feedback on issues for the team’ s knowledge database.
- Document customer requests in call tracking system and record the action(s) taken and follow up on deferred actions.
- Recite a Civil Division supplied greeting when they pick up the phone.
- Keep customers informed of progress and status of calls/tickets.
- Interact with customers and co-workers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, track, escalate and accurately document various technical problems.
- Incidents will be resolved on first contact when possible using the supported remote desktop control application as appropriate.
- Resolve all customer calls/issues within 20 minutes timeframe or escalate the call or ticket to the appropriate queue/group for resolution (Tier 1, Tier 2, Account Administration, Mobile Support, Asset Management, Training Team, and Audio/Visual Support).
- Respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users; Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps.
- Provide assistance and participate on new project(s) testing and deployment/delivery.
- Follow prescribed guidelines and official Standard Operating Procedures.
- A+ or MCP certification
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, mobile devices, operating systems and network related technologies
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite of software products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Exchange, Active Directory and mobile devices (Android)
- 6-month contract-to-to hire