Help Desk Supervisor
The Help Desk Supervisor is responsible for vendor relationship management, development and management of service level agreements and delivering business objectives. The Manager will supervise the Help Desk Technicians while ensuring appropriate customer support service levels are met. In this role, the Supervisor will report on help desk performance to upper management, manage special projects and provide Tier 3 technology support to end users by troubleshooting network and server hardware, personal computers, software applications, telecommunication and network communication issues.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related major preferred and/or Related technical certifications
- Five or more years of related technical and managerial experience in a Help Desk environment supporting Desktop hardware/software, Wide Area Network, and Local Area Network equipment
- Experience with management and ownership of a Help Desk ticket tracking system/incident management database
- Experience with PC imaging.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Strong management and decision-making skills concerning IT policies, processes and procedures
- Experience in overseeing the implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Expert hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Office 365 implementation and management
- Experience with meeting/ conference technology is desirable
- Proven management and organizational skills, including experience leading, building and successfully managing a team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises Help Desk Specialists in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
- Oversees staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
- Administers the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
- Assists Help Desk Specialists in resolving complex computer and/or network problems.
- Strives for improved customer service by suggesting improvement ideas to IT Director.
- Continually develops and challenges the Help Desk Specialist to get to the next level.
- Manages the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Manages IT inventory, purchasing, and forecasting equipment needs.
- Designs and enforces request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Establishes and enforces Help Desk Service Levels Agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Coordinates and/or performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitors and tests fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Analyzes performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Tracks and analyzes trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Oversees development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Manages Help Desk personnel including hiring and retaining staff; team building; maintaining work schedules; performance appraisals; organizing staff for optimum effectiveness; and establishing staff training and development programs.