Embedded Software Engineer
Rochester, NY 14609 US
*Active Secret Clearance Required to Start*
Need support in developing embedded software for US Government communication products. The contractor will provide design, implementation, test, and documentation of the code.
Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing embedded software that will reside within a Cryptographic Sub-system executing on an ARM processor. The contractor will also be responsible for completing engineering process documentation related to the software development. The contractor will adhere to the overall schedule provided
Active US DOD Secret security clearance (or inactive less than 2 years which can be immediately reactivated).
Embedded Software Engineer responsibilities:
Design, code, and test real-time embedded software to support radio or other communications products.
Develop test suites for unit and system testing.
Develop/update engineering process documents as required.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering.
· Minimum of 4 years experience developing embedded software-based engineering solutions.
· Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle including software requirements analysis, design, implementation/coding, testing (including software unit testing), integration, and automation tools.
· Embedded C or C++ experience.
· Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) experience preferred.
· Familiarity with UML design modeling techniques preferred.
· Ability to analyze and debug software and related hardware issues.
· Professional level verbal and written communication skills.