Data Integration Architect
A Data Integration Architect is required for a contract position in Cambridge, MA.
As a Data Architect, you will be tasked with supporting the creation of an ecosystem to have the right data, to ask the right question, at the right time. To implement our R&D data governance strategy, we need a collaborative and self-directed individual to provide data architecture and project management leadership on data domain working groups. The individual in this role will work with stakeholders to clarify expectations, apply relevant standards and best-practices, and contribute to the delivery of a best-in-class set of data integration models to support data life cycle management and analytics solutions. The data architect will also provide project management leadership and support to the data domain working groups.
- Collaborate across relevant data domain stakeholder groups and vendor partners to develop/collate standards, best practices, and process controls for use by the working group and analytics end users.
- Coordinate and oversee the adherence of the data domain working group to above mentioned standards, best practices, and process controls.
- Independently use own judgement and experience to identify data and data integration requirements and influence the detailed solution design.
- Influence design for solutions involving structured data, big data and difficult to structure data sets.
- Influence design to enable efficient operations including recommending automated QCs, metrics for data quality and data integration, and parameterized approaches to allow for future flexibility.
- Work closely with data analysts and data scientists to make sure data models meet downstream reporting, analysis and self-service data access needs.
- Provide limited operational (process) support for in house Data Hub environment.
- Provide project management leadership and support to the data domain working group
- Schedule and facilitate working group meetings
- Develop and maintain working group project plans and manage team toward completion of activities
- Ensure project team documentation and any document sharing tools, e.g. SharePoint, are consistently maintained and meet team and communication needs
- Bachelor’ s Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience and/or relevant project / coursework
- Experience working in an advisory/consultative role on projects led by 3rd party vendors, with demonstrable effectiveness in influencing technical design and process decisions through diplomacy.
- Up-to-date specialized knowledge of data wrangling, manipulation and management of technologies.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with high quality deliverables.
- Hands-on experience with Informatica ETL tools (PowerCenter, ICS, IICS)
- Must have hands-on experience with the AWS ecosystem (EMR, Redshift, S3, etc.).
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience with concepts of Hadoop and Spark
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical Research and Development data, including in house operations and trial data, research data, Real World Data, and associated KPIs/Metrics.
- Experience with Machine Learning / Predictive Analytics
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Python, Scala, R, SAS
- Knowledge of Sqoop, Oozie, and AWS Glue
- Experience with data formats including Parquet, ORC or AVRO
- Experience with SAP Business Objects / BI suite
- Experience with data virtualization tools such as Denodo or Composite.
- Experience with data governance and data catalog concepts and tools.
- Experience with Master Data Management.
- Knowledge of DataOps and DevOps, and their interdependencies in a cloud environment.
- 3+ Months