Data Architect with Azure experience needed for Softworld’ s industry-leading Financial Services client in downtown Boston. Data Architect with Azure experience that doesn’ t need to be micromanaged, polished with strong technical depth and the ability to communicate and work closely with C-Level executives (figuring out approach to data and impact of strategies). Must be able to decipher complex specs & get buy in. Will work on resolving existing Data and MDM issues; and focus on planning future-state technology capabilities with Executives and Product Managers. The position requires an understanding of emerging regulatory issues surrounding management of data assets. Microsoft Azure experience strongly desired.
- Data Expert -- how data is used, transformation, someone with exposure to a broad set of data tools, environments, strategies, etc.
- Must have the ability & desire to learn (despite being at a higher level).
- Ability to look at data holistically and have an interest in staying up to date with what’ s happening in data.
- Preferred: Financial Services industry experience; understanding financial products, and internal politics for financial services (hierarchies, financial data, etc.)
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Azure preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in IT with a minimum of 2 years in information systems design
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions
- Knowledge in the design and construction of information architectures that enable well integrated transactional, collaborative and analytical systems
- Good understanding of data management, from RDBMS to NoSQL data models;
- Data/informational modeling expertise at the enterprise level
- Understanding of common data architecture frameworks
- Understanding of taxonomies and ontologies, as well as the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less structured sources
- Deep understanding of Master Data Management architectures and operating models
- Understanding of metamodels
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data warehousing development technologies
- Must be at ease in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment
- Experience in the design and development of enterprise wide systems; experience implementing data governance programs would be beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of structured analysis and design techniques; Ability to drive usage of these techniques across the IT organization.
- Experience with Big Data
- Experience in the areas master data management, data warehousing and analytics
- ETL experience
- Represents the R&D team to corporate level CDO staff.
- Understands the dependencies between components of data infrastructure
- Defines standards for enterprise data management structures and processes
- Translates standards to define strategy for implementation of target data state
- Collaborates with business owners to optimize data collection, storage and usage to maximize the value of information across the org
- Drive the development and execution of various data management strategies including Master Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics
- Develop a metamodel management and repository strategy to manage all information architecture artifacts
- Develop data architecture roadmaps towards the future state information architecture
- Manage and participate in the Data Governance process
- Work closely with Data Management Services, and Agile Delivery streams to ensure effective implementation of the Data Architecture concepts and strategies
- Develop, communicate and support the implementation of corporate policies, standards, and procedures that provide effective architecture, governance and management of information/data assets
- Ensure the data architecture maps to the enterprise architecture and working with both the US and Global teams to align
- Provide information architecture and management consulting expertise; Business and IT Management as required
- Monitor information architecture and management developments and requirements, especially those in the financial services industry.