Cyber Security Engineer - Senior/Principal
Our Client is responsible for managing the NASA Goddard Software Engineering Services II (SES II) contract. This includes the following software engineering capabilities: Systems Engineering, Ground Software, Flight Software, Flight System V&V, IT Development, Science System Development and Data Processing.
Our client seeks a Cyber Security Engineer to work at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. The candidate will possess experience with Information Security and FISMA/NIST/ DIACAP policies, and the application of those policies. The candidate will verify the security posture of various NASA government systems meet the aforementioned policies, provide technical expertise in testing those policies against the systems, and advise on thwarting Cyber-attacks.
The Cyber Security Engineer performs Assessment and Authorization (A&A) services in compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA). By following the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF), the Cyber Security Analyst will perform an analysis of information technology solutions, systems, and programs within the agency. The Cyber Security Engineer assesses, analyzes, and documents vulnerabilities to information systems within the agency in order to help the customer make informed risk-based decisions.
- Lead security assessments of customer systems, services, and programs
- Analyze customer processes and configurations to verify that previously identified flaws have been corrected, and document the results.
- Develop approaches for industry-specific threat analyses, application-specific penetration tests, and the generation of vulnerability reports
- Develop detailed remediation reports and recommendations for compliance and security improvements across industries based on changing threats
- Develop and update a consistent approach to information security programs and ensure adherence with best practices
- Effectively communicates technical and nontechnical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Communicate with customer technical staff and management
- Methodically gather, document, and present specific customer requirements.
- Follow existing processes and procedures, and propose updates to such
- Develop new processes and procedures, as necessary
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 12 years of related experience.
- Certifications Preferred: CISSP, CISM, CISA, and CEH
- Knowledge/experience working with Microsoft or Linux/UNIX-based operating system(s) and associated applications including SQL, DB, and Java
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience articulating technical requirements and other information in written documentation.
- Technical skills in one or more focus areas (i.e. networking, messaging support (Exchange), Active Directory, system administration, etc.)
- Works with minimal supervision and able to set priorities
- Strong organizational and time-management skills: multitasking, working individually and with a team
- Self-motivated and reliable, having strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/work permit requirements for access to NASA
- Position may require occasional travel
- Secret clearance preferred, US Citizenship required