Business Analyst III
Business Analyst III - Specialist
• Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
• Works on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope.
• Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
• May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process.
• Ability to handle most unique situations.
• May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
• 6 or more years’ experience.
• Requirements elicitation via interviewing
• Requirements determination using structured techniques for documentation, analysis, evaluation/ validation
• Decomposition of high-level information into details
• Abstracting low-level information
• Distinguishing requests vs needs
• Distinguishing requirements vs. solutions
• Classifying/ prioritizing requirements
• OO techniques using UML models
• Ambiguity analysis, ensuring consistent understanding across users, designers and testers
• Business process modeling of current state and desired/ future state processes
• Defining and managing scope and client expectations, requirements change management and traceability
• Identifying and mitigating risks
• Applying creativity to solving complex problems
• Building relationships and working collaboratively
• Effective verbal/ written communication
• Experience in an industry domain
• Function Point counting; survey execution
• Statistical analysis
• Developing structured user manuals and training
• Visualization modeling; business rules modeling
• Develop and executing acceptance test plans
• Under minimal direction, formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements.
• Act as a liaison between client and technical solutions/ support groups, using advanced communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate client requirements.
• Apply extensive knowledge of the client’ s business and industry to develop requirements specifications.
• Document requirements and translate into proper system requirements specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
• Develop visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
• Execute and coordinate requirements management and change management processes.
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to support management of scope and expectations.
• Participate in proposals, feasibility studies, implementations, and new business development.
• Operates as a team member and as a team leader.
• Advise on methods to improve business processes.
• Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
• May lead the training of clients and peers.